Congratulations! You have completed the training.
Print or save this Job Aid (PDF) that summarizes the key points.
You are now able to:
- Describe the Healthy People initiative and leading health indicators
- Define and differentiate between the terms health, public health, health equity, health disparity, health inequity, and social determinants of health
- Detail three health promotion strategies
- Identify three planning steps and seven action plan elements for a successful health promotion intervention
- Name four ways you can support health equity in your community
If you feel you need additional exposure to this material, you may repeat the training or refer back to any of the pages at any time.
If you would like further information about this topic, please consult the following websites and materials.
- Health Equity Guide - A Human Impact Partners Project
- Health Equity Guide, Ways to Get Started: Advancing Health Equity in Local Health Departments, November 2017
- Health Equity Toolkit from the Community Health Training Institute
- Healthy People 2030
- MDPH Racial Equity Data Roadmap
- State of Massachusetts, Office of Health Equity
- Tools and Resources for Equity and Social Justice- King County
- Unnatural Causes...is inequity making us sick? (a 7-part PBS documentary)
- CDC, Healthy Living
- Community Commons - Data, tools, and stories to improve communities and inspire change
- Health Resources in Action, Community Health Improvement Toolkit
- MDPH Bureau of Community Health and Prevention
- Rural Health Information Hub, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Theories and Model
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Making Health Communication Programs Work (The Pink Book)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Theory at a Glance: A Guide for Health Promotion Practice
Thank you for taking this training! We hope you will take another one soon.
If you planned to receive a certificate of completion, you should have completed the pre-test before starting this training. You won't be able to access the post-test if you haven't completed the pre-test.
Now, please complete the post-test and evaluation. You will be prompted to login again.
Once you complete the post-test and evaluation, you can click on 'View your continuing education certificate' and print or save it. A copy will also appear in your learner profile (accessed from the Login/Register page by selecting Status of Training Participation).